General Canine Recommendations
- Handling and socializing your dog from an early age is vital to your canine companion enjoying a peaceful life. Introducing your pet to people and other animals will help you have a friendlier animal. Handling the feet, ears, and mouth from a young age is extremely important so that you have an easier time handling your pet.
- Feed a high quality diet and provide additional supplementation as needed --- such as fatty acid or fish oil capsules, a Glucosamine Chondroitin supplement like Dasuquin, and/or a multi-vitamin.
- Keep vaccinations current. Keeping your pet current is vital.
- Brush frequently to keep hair coat from matting. If your pet requires grooming, frequent visits to the groomer are recommended to keep healthy coats and skin.
- Clip toenails as needed to prevent overgrowth. Keeping your pets nails at a proper length is crucial to your pet’s ability to walk properly.
- Keep plenty of fresh water available and monitor consumption.
- Weigh your dog on the same scale and record results at least every 60 days. A huge gain or loss of weight is a concern.
- Give heartworm and parasite prevention year round.
- Yearly exams are extremely important so that problems can be caught in the early stage.